Chicken is one well-loved meat. It is easily available, and its meat has tenderness, smoothness, and taste that are exceptional. Aside from these, it is also a good source of protein wherein we get our energy to perform our tasks. It has Niacin which helps prevent cancer. It has Selenium that balances the thyroid hormone metabolism and is also an antioxidant. It also has Vitamin B6 and Phosphorus. Here are the top ten chicken dishes that will take your gastronomic experience to a healthier level.
10. Chicken and Guacamole Tostadas. This is a rather easy chicken dish. You just need to buy any pre-cook chicken if you do not have time to cook one yourself, add some paprika, guacamole and salsa. You can also add some jalapenos if you prefer extra hot tostadas.
9. Coconut-crusted Chicken. If you have not gotten over summer yet and your days at the beach, you can take the tropical feel home through preparing this chicken dish. The coconut and the mango can take you back to the sea, sun, and sand.
8. Walnut and Rosemary Oven-fried Chicken. This is a much healthier version of fried chicken. You can also experiment with different dips and sauces to suit your taste. Recommended dip for kids is honey-mustard.
7. Cornflake Chicken Cordon Bleu. The rich taste of the cheese mixed with the tenderness and juiciness of the chicken when perfectly cooked, is made even more interesting by the crunchy and nutty texture of the cornflakes. This is one chicken dish that the kids and the kids at heart will surely enjoy.
6. Spicy Honey-brushed Chicken Thighs. The thighs have the perfect amount of tenderness and firmness that makes it the perfect part for this chicken dish. All you have to do is mix the sauce, dip and toss the chicken into the sauce, broil the chicken and brush more sauce on it. This may be done with other parts of the chicken but the thighs are ideal if you want to have as much flavor as you could get.
5. Thai Chicken Salad Bites. This one is perfect for parties and as appetizer. The mixture of chicken, herbs and spices, served on top of zesty and refreshing cucumber is sure to kick up your party mood.
4. Herbed Chicken Parmesan. The tender chicken covered by herby crusty, served with melted parmesan cheese is just divine. It is easy to prepare and very affordable considering the taste and the satisfaction that you can get out of this chicken dish.
3. Coconut Curry Chicken. The smooth and firm properties of the chicken provide a perfect base for the rich and spicy flavor of the curry. This is best served with rice.
2. Pulled Chicken Sandwiches. This is another simple meal, perfect for take away snacks and lunch. Just prepare the buns, layout the chicken strips, pour barbecue sauce, and top with pickles and you’re all set!
1. Fried Chicken. Yes, they can innovate and imitate but nothing can beat the good old fried chicken. It is a classic chicken dish that is appreciated by different generations. It can go well with almost all kinds of side dishes and may be served with a bun, rice, or pasta.